Designed specifically with golfers in mind, the new TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 “Golf Edition” is linked to the TAG Heuer Golf app, which enables players get the most out of their rounds of golf no matter what course they’re playing on.
In line with its tradition of avant-garde watchmaking, in 2015, TAG Heuer became the first brand to develop and commercialise a trend-setting, fully functional smartwatch. Following the introduction of the second generation in 2017, the Swiss watchmaker now combines its passion for sports and innovation with its interest in the world’s number one individual sport. The TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 “Golf Edition” and the unique 3D course mapping available with the TAG Heuer Golf app are must-haves for every golfer.
TAG Heuer Project Manager Matthieu Soudan says: “The TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 ‘Golf Edition’ was designed specifically for golfers and anyone who is fascinated by the sport. Every aspect of the smartwatch and the app – from design to function – was created to enhance the player’s game. Off the course, the watch is a stylish accessory that features cutting-edge digital technology. It’s important to point out that it is, first and foremost, a connected watch, which means that the Golf app is only one of many other apps and functions that can be used with the timepiece”.
The TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 “Golf Edition”
This digital wristwatch combines a golf-inspired design and shock-resistant materials with the most personalised and advanced Golf app, which has 3D renderings of more than 39,000 courses and provides comprehensive performance analysis.
Among the most distinguishing features of this classy 45 mm timepiece is the black ceramic bezel ring, which is laser engraved with a scale of 1 to 18 – indicating the 18 holes in a round of golf. Filled in with white lacquer, the scale stands out from the predominantly black finish of the lightweight watch. The bold black ceramic lugs complement the sandblasted case and caseback, which are fashioned from black PVD titanium. The smartwatch is worn on a white strap with green stitching – perfect for a day on the green. The black, white and green colour scheme takes inspiration from timeless golf fashion trends.
The technology of the TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 “Golf Edition” is just as advanced as its design. The touchscreen is covered with a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal. Equipped with multiple sensors, such as GPS, NFC, an accelerometer, a gyroscope and a microphone, this golf-themed smartwatch boasts 4 GB of storage and a battery life of 25 hours. It can do anything that the TAG Heuer Connected watches can do, including send messages, receive notifications, play music and download other apps.
A black rubber strap is included in the watch box and complements an everyday look off the golf course. Three golf balls stamped with the TAG Heuer logo are also included in the special packaging.
TAG Heuer Golf mobile app
For the first time ever, the Swiss watchmaker has developed an app for iOS and Android smartphones. The Golf app is available to download for free and can be used on the TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 “Golf Edition” as well as other TAG Heuer Connected Modular smartwatches. Delivering key insights to improve performance, recording shot distances and scores, and displaying 39,000 golf courses around the world with precise 3D mapping technology, this app is more advanced than any similar technology currently available on the market. This professional sports watch and the app can even be used in amateur tournaments.
TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 “Golf Edition” and TAG Heuer Golf app highlights:
– At-a-glance information about distances to greens and hazards: The TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 smartwatch displays distances to greens and hazards. The easy-to-read information has incredible precision that is accurate to within one metre. The position is captured on the watch using the integrated GPS sensor.
– Easy-to-read 2D and 3D course mapping: This “Golf Edition” smartwatch stands out with its unique interactive 2D course mapping. On the phone, highly realistic 3D renderings provide the best view of the course. Rather than just displaying distances, the TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 “Golf Edition” displays high-end mapping of the entire hole using vector technology that shows the course in more detail – including the bunkers, fairways and rough – compared to the satellite mapping technology used by other similar apps. The maps are interactive and scrollable.
– Record scores for up to four players: Taking the game into the twenty-first century, the app replaces the paper scorecard with an interactive alternative. Within seconds, the player can enter the wearer’s score and those of their golf companions and keep track of the leader board as they go. Whether they choose stroke play, match play or stableford, the TAG Heuer Golf app can keep track of the score on the wearer’s wrist.
– Accurate shot distances: When the shot-recording feature is activated, the shot distance can be recorded as the player walks to their ball. Shot distance is accurate to within one metre.
– Informative stats after a round: All the information entered into the app from the watch can be instantly sent to a smartphone or stored locally if the phone is not nearby. After each round, the player can get insightful statistics including putting average, longest drive, score distribution and more.
– Play on any course in the world: TAG Heuer Golf has maps of more than 39,000 courses around the world. It can accompany any player no matter where the love for their sport takes them. The database is constantly updated to include new courses or changes to existing courses, ensuring that the 3D maps are as accurate as possible.
Created for lovers of the world’s number one individual sport, the TAG Heuer Connected Modular 45 “Golf Edition” and the TAG Heuer Golf app demonstrate TAG Heuer’s expertise in measuring not only time, but also distance with outstanding precision. Sports represent a vibrant element of the Swiss watchmaker’s DNA, and the brand continues to raise the bar when it comes to timekeeping technology and innovation and improving sports performance.